I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
You are involved in design of a sustainable building for 7 storey hotel in Preston. It should be low carbon emissions building with a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating. Describe possible strategies of design for fire safety, taking into consideration environmental and economic constraints on the building.
You are involved in design of a sustainable building for 7 storey hotel in Preston. It should be low carbon emissions building with a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating.
Describe possible strategies of design for fire safety, taking into consideration environmental and economic constraints on the building.
Make formal a conclusion and recommendations for development of sustainable construction in the UK.
Analyse any 2 fires in buildings on the basis of information available on literature. All fire case studies should be for different countries (use UK and Brazil) for the last 10 years.
You are recommended to use any large- and medium-scale fire and explosion cases. You are expected to demonstrate your analytical skills applied to fire-related accidents in the built environment.
Discuss fire safety engineering issues of your case studies with reference to buildings of varying types and levels of occupancy. Provide your opinion on lessons learned from your case studies and your possible recommendations how to prevent possibilities of the similar fires in future. Make formal conclusion for your case studies.
Explain nomenclature of halon and freon systems. Discuss environmental impacts of halons and reasons for halon replacement in fire protection industry under the Montreal Protocol. Give your views whether halon replacement was right decision. ?
Explain what different and common issues between the Fahrenheit/Rankine and the Celsius/Kelvin temperature scales.
- You must answer the questions set
- You must keep to the word limit of 2,500 words
- You must demonstrate that you have met the learning outcomes
- As you construct and present your answers, consider the assessment criteria
- All academic writing must be referenced. If you use other people’s ideas without referencing them you are plagiarising their work.
- Use the Harvard system of referencing within your text. This will take the form: surname, year of publication, page number, and is enclosed within brackets, for example (Bradley 1998, 277). At the end of your work you should provide an alphabetical list of all the works you cite.
- Use the Numeric System of referencing within your text. At every point in the text where a reference is made, insert a number (in brackets or superscript) and then list the references numerically at the end of your work,
This assessment will test your ability to meet the learning outcomes as described in your module booklet, specifically:
- Discuss impact of fires on the built environment, technical, economic and environmental constraints on buildings and their design
- Evaluate the building construction methods and materials in the design and construction of all elements relating to fire safety engineering
- Review principals of fire modelling, fire engineering protection and hazards assessment and management
- Analyse fire and explosion case studies and interpret lessons learned
In grading your work we will be assessing the extent to which it matches the criteria attached. The criteria are not of equal importance, but it is not possible to ascribe an exact weighting to each. What follows is intended as a general guide to the standards.
- Severe weakness in understanding the issues/arguments/theory is likely to result in a mark of less than 40%.
- Thorough coverage of the relevant material, with statements supported by data, evidence, literature or examples, is necessary to gain 52% or above.
- Work which is disorganised with points randomly ordered is unlikely to gain more than 48%.
- A logical, well-explained argument, combined with other good characteristics is usually necessary to obtain 75%.
- Fluent grammatical expression is important for expressing ideas clearly. Errors in this area are likely to lead to a reduction in marks.
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers