This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Why do you think astronomy was important to people in ancient times? How do those beliefs affect us today?
1. When looking at the night sky, you can see the light of different stars. If one star looks brighter than
another, is it necessarily brighter? Explain.
2. In ancient times, Egyptians thought that the combined light of the Sun and the brightest star in the
nighttime sky, Sirius, created summer heat. Today, many believe this heat is caused by our closeness
to the Sun for part of the year. What can you point out that proves this to be a misconception?
3. Astronomical discoveries are imperative to science. How are they significant to our personal lives?
4. Describe the difference between astronomy and astrology.
5. Why do you think astronomy was important to people in ancient times? How do those beliefs affect us today?