This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
What was 3-D printing used for in the 1980’s and 1990’s?
Use the article http://advancedmanufacturing.org/am-continues-rapid-ascent-targets-new-markets/ (Links to an external site.) to answer the following questions. Submit the assignment online in the text entry box.
1. In the article what does AM stand for?
2. What was 3-D printing used for in the 1980’s and 1990’s?
3. How will 3-D printing be used in on-demand manufacturing?
4. What percentage of the GE Advanced turbo prop engine is 3-D printed in titanium alloy?
5. What is the approximate difference between the number of AM units sold under $5000 in 2013 vs. 2015?
6. Which shoe manufacturer 3-D prints mid-soles?
7. What is the average cost of material per pound for injection molding polymer?
8. What is the average cost of material per pound for industrial AM systems?
9. How is the new multicolor 3-D printing different from the past?
10. What is biomimicry?