1.Suppose you have two RAID arrays, one implementing RAID 3, the other RAID 5. Each has 9 disk drives in its array. If the RAID 5 array can read a….
What personal experiences or observations of these types of behaviors might be able to be explained by this perspective?
Theory assists psychologists in better understanding human behavior, emotion, social skills, and overall mental health. In essence, theory helps us to better understand human psychological functioning, which embodies how a person achieves one’s goals that are reflected within the self in conjunction with the environment and their relationships. Thus, understanding how researchers go about formulating theories is an important foundation in the science of psychology. In this discussion, you will be exploring this process by researching a psychologist, learning about him/her, and completing the following:
- Select one noted psychologist from any of the included lists in “The 100 Most Eminent Psychologists of the 20th Century”. Haggbloom et al. (2002). Locate information about this person to learn more about him/her and his/her work.
- Locate a scholarly article written by the individual you chose
- Summarize the contributions of the influential figure you selected to the field of psychology. In your discussion, include the following:
- Describe your selected psychologist and his or her main contributions to the field.
- Next, summarize the scholarly article you read. Your summary should provide an overview of the theoretical perspective and describe any empirical work (i.e., research study) that is presented in the article. For additional assistance on how to summarize an article click here.
- Examine how this theory/research provides insight into differences in psychological functioning.
- In layman’s terms, what does the theoretical perspective, that you explain, tell us about the differences between people and how they behave, think, and feel? How might it explain why they do what they do?
- Illustrate with an example from your own observation or experience.
- What personal experiences or observations of these types of behaviors might be able to be explained by this perspective?
- Example: If I experienced a trauma, how might this trauma affect how I behave in certain situations?