I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
What is the rationale for allowing some confessions into evidence even though the confessions are hearsay? Do you believe such evidence should be heard? If so, why? If not, why? Explain.
1. What is a standard risk assessment formula? Clearly define the variables in the formula. 2. Should each variable in the risk formula be weighed equally or should different variables have different weights? Explain your rationale. 3. What specific role(s) does risk management play in homeland security programs and activities? (350 words)
The department of homeland securitys risk assestment methodology.
What is an admission?
You and a friend are coming back from a wonderful vacation in Mexico. You approach the U.S. port of entry in your car. Your friend is driving and pulls up to the Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Officer. Your friend presents his/her passport and the CBP officer inspects the document. However, the officer does not ask you for any identification and does not ask you any questions. The CBP officer then tells your friend/driver that you are ok to enter.
1. Read the recent BIA case of Matter of Quilantan, 25 I&N Dec. 285 (BIA 2010). It is attached below.
2. Provide a brief summary of the decision and share your thoughts on this court’s decision. Is this standard a good idea post 9-11?
3. Based on the Court’s decision, were you properly “admitted” in the above scenario under the INA?
1. What is the relationship between the history of the hearsay rule and the history of the trial by jury?
2. What is the rationale for allowing some confessions into evidence even though the confessions are hearsay? Do you believe such evidence should be heard? If so, why? If not, why? Explain.