Write a two page paper regarding what you thought on Stakeholder Management and what was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your….
What determines the chemical behavior of atoms?
- Define: element, compound, atom
- Name the elements that make up about 96% of living cells
- What is a trace element?
- Make a list of trace elements.
- Define atomic number and atomic mass number
- List the differences between the 3 sub atomic particles ; protons, electrons and neutrons.
- Find the number of protons, electrons and neutrons for the following elements
- 168O, 146C, 2211Na, 3918Ar
- A certain atom has 11 protons, 12 neutrons and 11 electrons. Calculate its atomic number and atomic mass number.
- Define isotopes.
- How are radioactive isotopes useful in tracing atoms through metabolic processes?
- What are electron shells?
- What are valence electrons.
- What determines the chemical behavior of atoms?
- Draw the electron distribution and determine the number of valence electrons for
- 146C, b) 2211Na, c)11 H, d) 3517Cl
- Why are elements like Helium, neon and Argon chemically inert?
- What is a covalent bond?
- Explain the difference between a polar covalent bond and a non-polar covalent bond. Give examples of each.
- What is an ionic bond? Explain how NaCl molecule is formed by ionic bonding.
- Differentiate between covalent and ionic bonds.
- Explain hydrogen bonding using water molecule as your example.
- What are Van Der Waals forces?
- Define: reactants, products and chemical equilibrium.