APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
What are the duties of the budget office?
The State of Rhode Island publishes its budget and the supporting information at http://www.omb.ri.gov/budget/index.php. Access the budget and answer the following:
- What are the duties of the budget office? (Hint: Use the Primer link.)
- What are the six governmental functions listed in the budget?
- What are the major sources of Rhode Island’s revenues?
- What is the accounting basis used in the preparation of the budget? (Hint: Use the Primer link and scroll down until you see the Budget Basis section.)
- The budget mentions four categories of program performance measures. List them, and briefly describe how they are used in Rhode Island. (Hint: Use the Primer link and scroll down until you see the Program Performance Measures section.)
- What did you learn from reviewing the most recent budget of the State of Rhode Island?
- What do you think the biggest challenges are when it comes to preparing their budget?