This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
What are some methods that scientist use today to study the brain?
Write a 6-page portion of a request for proposal (RFP) in which you address the field of biopsychology and the brain.
Biopsychology, also known as behavioral neuroscience, has become a well-established multidisciplinary study that uses complicated techniques to reveal the relationship between brain functions and human behaviors.
You are a consultant who is interested in a request for proposal (RFP) from a nearby school district that is seeking individuals or groups to design a training and professional development in-service day about the brain and mind from a biopsychological perspective for their educators. Part 1 of the RFP includes the following three sections for respondents to address. Use the Assessment 1 Proposal Template to prepare Part 1 of the proposal, which covers the points below. You will complete additional parts of the RPF in subsequent assessments.
• What is the origin of biopsychology? Who were some of the first theorists that you will cover in your training?
• The brain is complicated and sometimes difficult to understand. Describe the different regions of the brain and the associated functions.
II. Scientific Approach and Rationale for Training
• In addition to brain functions, some believe there is an aspect known as the mind. What is the mind-brain problem? Where do you fall in this debate (monist or dualist)? Explain why you are a monist or dualist.
• What are some methods that scientist use today to study the brain? What are the benefits of these methods?
III. Application of Understanding the Brain
• What methods of research have been used to gain the knowledge we have today of the brain?
• What are some of the ethical concerns in connection with research in biopsychology and the brain in particular?
Do not incorporate the questions into the content of your proposal. Use the Capella library to research the material and support your answers.
• Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• APA Formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
• Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced.
• Length: Write a minimum of 6 pages of content, and include a references page.