APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
Using the 4 steps outlined by Bornstein how would you assess validity for your chosen construct and selected test to assess that construct?
Consider Bornstein’s (2011) process focused (PF) Model approach to validity.
Please access the Bornstein (2011) article in Doc Sharing.
Bornstein, R. F. (2011). Toward a process focused model of test score validity: Improving psychological assessment in science and practice. Psychological Assessment, 23 (2), 532-544.
Then consider a construct (psychological variable) of interest in your specialty area, and a test (you can use the Buros website to select one) http://buros.unl.edu/buros/jsp/search.jsp. designed to assess that specific construct. .
1. Compare and contrast the PF and traditional models of validity.
2. Describe why Bornstein maintains that it is important to use the PF model of validity.
3. Using the 4 steps outlined by Bornstein how would you assess validity for your chosen construct and selected test to assess that construct?
The assignment should:
· Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
· Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
· Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. Be a minimum of 5 pages (not including Title Page and Reference List).