The sum of rational numbers may be rational or irrational
- A number r is said to be rational if there exist integers a and b such that r = a/b. An integer is a “counting number” such as 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on, or 0, or the negative of a counting number. Prove or disprove the following statements. You may assume that √ 2 is irrational.
(a) The sum of rational numbers may be rational or irrational.
(b) The sum of two irrational numbers is irrational.
(c) The sum of a rational number and an irrational number is irrational also.
For a custom-written paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers