I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
the strategy and tactics associated with a working structure
For this project, your goal is to determine the strategy and tactics associated with a working structure fire at the given location in which you are the incident commander.
You will utilize information you obtain from the still photographs and a virtual reality (VR) video of the same scene as if you were doing an actual walk around the scene at a structure in your own community or jurisdiction. The VR video can be viewed, zoomed, or rotated to any angle by simply swiping or pinching in or out on a touchscreen monitor or smartphone or by navigating with a mouse on a computer.
To complete the project, you will use the following information: your department’s standard response and resources for a working residential structure fire (you will continue to use information from previous assignment submissions), the information that you obtain during your initial walk around, and the below listed information.
- Alarm Information: You are responding to a fire reported in the selected occupancy and will assume command upon arrival.
- Construction and Layout: The construction of the building is as you assess from the video.
- Exposures: The exposures exist as they do in your community. You will need to describe the exposures for this occupancy in detail.
- Time and Weather: The time is 0730 hours (7:30 a.m.). Weather is as you assess from the video.
- Water Supply: Water supply is limited to a rural hydrant capable of 1000 GPM that is located 1,500 yards from the residence.
- Arrival Conditions: The conditions are as you assess from the video.
- Response: The response will be what is normally assigned for your department. You will need to specify this information per your department policy and what additional alarm requests may bring.
Address the following points.
- Give a Preliminary Size-up Report on the scenario. Be sure to include safety concerns.
- What is your major concern at this fire?
- What are your orders for the initial fire attack crew positioned on the A side of the structure?
- Given the observed conditions, how would you order the fire ventilated?
- What are your assignments for additional resources? Explain the tasks associated with each.
- You get a report of a victim; what is your course of action and your communications to ensure that your orders are clear to all companies on scene?
- Give a Command Progress Report at the necessary intervals using the CABS acronym to complete the report.
- You are getting reports from the interior that the engine company cannot advance to the seat of the fire due to an excessive fire condition. What are your actions?
- The fire has been placed under control. It is now 1100 hours (11:00 a.m.). Overhaul is about to begin. What action would you order first to ensure the overhaul operation is conducted as safely as possible?
- Define what information would be necessary to address during the after-action report.
Your responses to the above requirements should be well organized in one document of no less than three pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages.
At the end of your responses, you are to write a reflection of a minimum of 75 words on the differences in how the VR video aided your scene assessment as compared to the stills. Offer your opinion on VR use in real-world fireground operations.
You are required to use at least one source from the CSU Online Library to support your responses. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and/or quoted material must be properly cited. Citations and references will be formatted in APA style.