This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
The Patriots’ Winning Strategy: Nativism
This paper is based on the book, “Born in Blood & Fire: A Concise History of Latin America / Edition 3”. Each question should be answered in a full paragraph with the number question right next to it.
Questions will also be attached as PDF.
Chaseen (Boorn in Blood and Fire): Chapeter 2 questions
1. “Historians explain colonial control of Latin America as hegemony, a kind of domination that implies a measure of consent by those at the bottom” (57)
What are two cultural hegemonic forces in Spanish colonization?
2. Discuss some of the reasons that transculturation was both a blessing and a curse in Latin America?
3. What is gracias al sacar and what is its significance?
Chaseen (Boorn in Blood and Fire): Chapeter 3 questions
Write at least one paragraph (include a quote) for each of the following sections (highlight its significance) in Chapter 3:
1. “Revolution and War in Europe”
2. “The Spanish American Rebellions Begin, 1810-15”
3. “The Patriots’ Winning Strategy: Nativism”
4. “Unfinished Revolutions”