This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Select one of the top 15 largest cargo airports listed in Table 12.2 (page 458) research what is driving its high ratings. For example, location and cheap labor are often cited
Please include question when answering and include in-text citation &reference textbook
Supply Chain ManagementAuthor: Sunil ChopraISBN: 978013380057
6.2 – Discussion: Module 6 Questions
1. Using the internet or any other resource, look up the international airfreight services offered by UPS, FedEx, DHL, or another firm that offers similar services. Briefly describe the international airfreight services of the company in terms of countries served, services offered, schedule, cost, etc.
2. Using the internet or any other resource, look up one a major trucking firm or railroad and describe its international multimodal capabilities.
(200-400 words) ^
6.3 – Assignment: Review Questions
- Select a particular size category from the list below. Using the internet or any other resource, search for an actual vessel in that size category. First, describe the size category and then find a vessel that fits the category and provide a brief description. Is there anything unique about the vessel?
• Panamax ship • Capesize ship
• Post-Panamax ship • Very large crude carrier (VLCC)
• Handysize ship • Ultra-large crude carrier (ULCC)
• Suezmax ship • or any other size category not listed
- Describe Non-Vessel-Operating Common Carriers (NVOCC) and explain how a NVOCC benefits small shippers?
- Select one of the top 15 largest cargo airports listed in Table 12.2 (page 458) research what is driving its high ratings. For example, location and cheap labor are often cited.
- Over the past decade, the aviation industry has seen an enormous increase in concern for the environment and the adoption of sustainability practices. This shift is affecting the design and operation of passenger and cargo aircraft, as well as the airports and infrastructure that support them. Using the internet or any other resource, research an air transportation company and briefly describe what they are doing to promote/implement sustainability.
- Via a land bridge, cargo traveling on ocean liners can cross a land obstacle (such as the US continent) by being unloaded in one port, transferred to a train, carried across the land obstacle by rail, and reloaded onto another ship. Using the internet or any other resource, research and select a particular land bridge (Google: “land bridge rail”). Provide a brief description of the land bridge and list it specific benefits (another words, what savings does the land bridge bring?)
- Project cargo is cargo that is much larger, heavier, or more complex to handle than regular cargo such as the shipping of locomotives, railroad cars, large trucks, pleasure boats, large engines, electric generators, and so on. It generally requires extra preplanning. An exporter is shipping a milling machine weighing 100 tons from the US to the UK. You are responsible for performing the preplanning work prior to shipment. List and briefly discuss at least three items that are important for preplanning consideration