This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Review the Final Project instructions in Week Five. Decide whether you will complete a research paper or a multimedia presentation. Select a topic for your Final Project from the options below, or focus on a topic of your own interest that has been cleared with the instructo
Review the Final Project instructions in Week Five. Decide whether you will complete a research paper or a multimedia presentation. Select a topic for your Final Project from the options below, or focus on a topic of your own interest that has been cleared with the instructor.
- Cultural impact of a specific scientific innovation (e.g., electricity, Evolutionary theory)
- The impact that science has played on religion, and vice versa
- How the application of science (natural magic, technology, etc.) impacted culture
- An examination of the construction of science – how have social and cultural mores influenced the practice of science? Is science socially constructed?
- An examination of the history of government-funded science
- An evaluation of the debate over the role of science in public education
- An examination of how science fiction has influenced public perception of science
- An examination of how modern science has been popularized
Then, do the following:
- Justify your choice of topic and the way in which you will explore it (mediated presentation or paper) with regard to the course learning outcomes in an introductory paragraph.
- Develop a working draft of your introduction that includes a thesis statement.
- Compile an annotated bibliography of at least eight sources, five of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library, and one which is a recommended resource for this class. These sources can be journal articles, video sources, pieces of art, or other cultural works such as plays, literature, poems, or newspaper/magazine articles.
The paper must be at formatted according to APA style and include a title page. For information regarding writing a thesis statement, annotated bibliographies, and APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar