This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Prepare a memo that compares three different resources that each covers the same AutoCAD 2016 topic of your choice.
The purpose of this lab is to become familiar with the different resources available for learning AutoCAD 2016 features. Prepare a memo that compares three different resources that each covers the same AutoCAD 2016 topic of your choice. The three different resources must be:
- The built-in AutoCAD help system
- A video tutorial (e.g., YouTube)
- A third-party website (non-Autodesk, non-video)
The AutoCAD topic that you choose must be selected from a list of pre-approved topics. The topics are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. To choose your topic, put your name in the following spreadsheet: my topic is called TABLE Command. Just type TABLE Command AutoCAD and you will find information about it.
Note that you may need to click on the “Edit Workbook” link to actually add data to the spreadsheet. A single topic is limited to 4 students (2 per section).
In the body of your memo, provide the following section headings and content:
- Description of AutoCAD Topic: describe the tool/command/etc. in AutoCAD that you chose to learn more about. Include an original figure (i.e. of your own creation) illustrating the tool/command/etc., and provide an example situation for which the tool/command/etc. could be used.
- Summary of Resources: for each of the three resource types, discuss the pros/cons when following along with the resource. Some topics that you might want to touch on include: organization, ease of use, correctness, etc.
- Comparison of Resources: make a recommendation on which resource is the best. Provide a table that grades each resource based off of at least 4 criteria of your choice.
CE115 Fall 2015
- References: provide a list of references to the 3 resources cited for the memo. Follow the ASCE Reference Format (see http://writingcenter.mst.edu/media/studentsupport/writingcenter/documents/citationstyleg uides/ASCE_Handout_2011.pdf).
Turn in your memo in PDF format to the “Lab 2” D2L Dropbox by Friday