APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
perception of information systems such as Internet/Intranet information or searches, online access to records and information by consumers, electronic health records, computers
- DISCUSSION POST- 150 words. references need to be in APA format.
- Locate a qualitative study on one of the areas of patient or staff impact listed below, such as satisfaction or efficiencies in care. Only one study on one topic is required, but the study needs to be qualitative in nature.
- Make your selection from this topic list.
- Impact/effect/perception of communications technology such as call centers, telemedicine, hand-held devices (phones, Blackberry, voice-activated systems) on care or satisfaction.
- Impact/effect/perception of information systems such as Internet/Intranet information or searches, online access to records and information by consumers, electronic health records, computers.
- impact/effect/perception of patient care technologies (bedside care technologies, self-administration of p.r.n. medications, monitoring).
Address the questions below based on the article you have selected:
- What elements of the study design made it “qualitative” in nature?
- Of what value were the results of the study? Who would utilize that information (bedside nurses, nurse managers, nurse researchers, other staff, administrators, patients, families)?
- What suggestions do you have for the next study that would follow this one to ensure that a study with more rigors (for example, a quantitative study) could be performed?