I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
In Module 4, you will continue with the scenario and simulation you worked on in the Module 1, Module 2, and Module 3 SLPs.
It is now January 2, 2012 (again), still at the beginning of Time Warp 2. You have just completed your revised strategy using CVP analysis, and you are ready to charge ahead. You implement your decisions for 2012, see the results at the end of the year, and collect these results to use later. Again, you implement the decisions you have already made for 2013, and collect the results at the end of the year. You do the same for 2014 and 2015, hoping this time that you can finally move ahead into 2016.
It is now New Year’s Eve 2015–what you hope is the end of not only Time Warp 2, but all the time warps. You have the results of your decisions. How did you do? What was your final score? Will it finally be 2016 when you wake up?
It’s New Year’s Day 2016. You just had a great New Year’s Eve celebration, you finished another four years of moving Clipboard Tablet Company through 2012–2015, and are ready to charge ahead into the future. You notice something strange (again): The TV commentator is saying something about New Year’s Day 2012. You are now in Time Warp 3.
Maybe you need to keep improving Clipboard Tablet’s performance so that you can finally move ahead. Vowing to do better this time, you decide that your best approach is to develop a four-year strategy like you did the last time.
You analyze the results of your last set of decisions from 2012 to 2015. You are going to use CVP analysis (and the CVP Calculator) again to help determine a new strategy. You will get better at it.
You analyze the results from Time Warp 2 using CVP and develop your complete four-year strategy. You decide to make notes about your analysis and your reasoning process, just in case you have to do this again.
You finish your report showing the strategy you are going to use these next four years, Time Warp 3.
Using the strategy that you developed in SLP3, run the simulation. Review and analyze these results (from your Time Warp 2 decisions) and develop a revised strategy for Time Warp 3. Support your revised strategy using analysis and relevant theories.
Please turn in a 4- to 6-page paper, not including cover and reference page.
KEYS TO THE ASSIGNMENT
The key aspects of this assignment that should be covered and taken into account in preparing your paper include:
• The revised strategy consists of the Prices, R&D Allocation %, and any product discontinuations for the X5, X6, and X7 tablets for each of the four years: 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
• You must present a rational justification for this strategy. In other words, you must make a case for your proposed strategy using financial analysis and relevant theories.
• Use the CVP Calculator and review the PowerPoint that explains CVP and provides some examples.
• You need to crunch some numbers (CVP Analysis) to help you determine your prices and R&D allocations.
• Make sure your proposed changes in strategy are firmly based in this analysis of financial and market data and sound business principles. Your goal is to practice using CVP and get better at it.
• Present your analysis professionally, making strategic use of tables, charts and graphs.
• Time Line Summary.
• 2015: Hired on December 15.
• Turned in first report to Sally a few days early on December 30.
• Celebrated on December 31.
• Time Warp 1 begins: January 1, 2016 warps into January 1, 2012.
• You realize you have to make decisions for 2012 – 2015, which you do.
• December 31, 2015 – You have gone through all four years, and you write your report to summarize how you did. You are hoping that you will wake up tomorrow and it will be 2016.
• Time Warp 2 begins: January 1, 2016 warps into January 1, 2012. (Again)
• Now it is January 1, 2012: You decide to use CVP analysis and develop a four-year plan for your strategy. You analyze the results of your first decisions in Time Warp 1 and make notes. You use the CVP Calculator to help you develop your strategy and you make more notes explaining your logic and your analysis.
• January 2, 2012: You begin to implement your four-year plan. You follow it and use the pre-determined decisions for each year, through 2015. You keep track of the results, year by year, both financial and marketing.
• Celebrate – December 31, 2015
• Time Warp 3 begins: January 1, 2016 warps into January 1, 2012 (Again).
• Now it is January 1, 2012 (for the third time). You do it all over again, one more time. You decide to do the same thing you did the last time and develop a four-year plan. You use CVP, analyze your previous results, and make notes explaining what you did and why.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper will be evaluated on the following seven points:
• Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject, that is, the Keys to the Assignment, addressed?
• Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth and include the background reading and other background resources as references?
• Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically, that is, accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely?
• Clarity – Is the writing clear and are the concepts articulated properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to the questions or are points conveyed through excessive use of quotations?
• Organization – Is the paper well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are headings included in all papers longer than two pages?
• Referencing (citations and references) – Does the paper include citations and quotation marks where appropriate? Are the references from the background reading and assignment present and properly cited? Are all the references listed in the bibliography present and referred to via citation?
• Application – Are the concepts of the module appropriately applied to the subject?
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Note the following tips and suggestions:
You might find these downloads useful:
Decision Matrix Table – Download this Word doc with a blank table you can use to show your proposed strategy decisions.
PowerPoint discussing CVP – provides a good overview of Cost Volume Profit analysis, the various equations that you can use, and how to use it. Some examples are provided showing how to use the CVP Calculator.
CVP Calculator – this an Excel-based calculator that you can use to determine prices, volumes, and profits. Keep in mind that it will tell you what need, but the market determines what you actually get.
• Include a cover page and reference page, in addition to the 4-6 pages of analysis described above.
• Include headings for all papers greater than two pages (basically all papers), but do not use headings as “space fillers.”
• Cite and reference all sources that you use in your work, including those that you paraphrase. This means include citations and quotation marks for direct quotes of more than five words, and citations for that information which you have “borrowed” or paraphrased from other sources.
• Follow TUI Guidelines for well-written papers.