This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Is the threat of new entrants high or low; what barriers to entry exist; is the threat of retaliation from industry incumbents high or low for a given company
Assignment 5 MGT 6318 Due Sunday, August 5
- Choose a font style and size that can be read without causing undue eyestrain.
- Use 1.5 or 2 line spacing
- Be thorough enough to answer each question, but also strive to be concise. I estimate this assignment can be completed in 2 – 4 pages. Please DO NOT exceed 5 pages.
- As always remember to use APA formatting for in-text citations and for your reference list.
- Structure your paper in a manner that makes it easy to tell that you have addressed each question. You may use subheadings, question numbers, or copy/paste the questions for this purpose. Subheadings are my preference.
- I encourage the use of bullet pointed lists, tables, and figures where appropriate – these can be great ways to summarize information in an appealing format.
Conduct a 5 Forces Analysis on the industry of your choice. Remember that a 5 forces analysis should be conducted at the industry level rather than at an individual company level. Your analysis should address the following questions:
- Who are the buyers and suppliers to this industry? Are these groups powerful or weak relative to industry incumbents, and why?
- Is the threat of new entrants high or low; what barriers to entry exist; is the threat of retaliation from industry incumbents high or low?
- Is the threat of substitutes high or low? Remember that a substitute can be an entirely different product or service which meets some of the same consumer needs that the industry’s products or services meet.
- How would you describe the level of competition between firms currently in the industry? What factors contribute to your assessment?
- TIP: If you are willing to continue working with the industry of the company you used in assignments 2 and 3, the information you gather for this assignment can also be used for your final assignment.