I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
Individual assessment (No more than 2000 words)
BTHM Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality
AFA1105 ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGEMENT 2020 Semester 1
Assessment Task 4: Individual Assignment Due date: Week 11
The assignment must be typewritten in font 12-size and line spacing of at least 1.15. A soft
copy is to be submitted electronically through LMS by the due date and time.
You are not expected to write more than 2,000 words for this assignment.
The assignment will be marked out of 40 marks as allocated against the tasks below.
40% of your assignment score goes into your overall marks for this unit.
AFA1105 ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGEMENT (2020 Semester 1)
This is an individual assignment in which each individual is required to form a New Hotel
business with 100 room capacity and answer some accounting related questions.
This task will generally be assessed in terms of the following criteria:
1. Effectiveness of communication: readability, grammar, spelling, neatness, completeness
2. Demonstrated competency and understanding: This will be evidenced by the student’s
ability to be dialectical in the discussion of contentious issues. The marker will pay
attention to the accuracy of the content, coverage of relevant issues, structure of argument,
English expressions, and absence of plagiarism, concise writing style, and referencing
3. Evidence of research – This will be evidenced by the references used and the inclusion of a
1. The assignment requires you to form a Hotel business and to write a brief introduction
about it (name, services or products, legal form, merchandising or manufacturing, retail
or wholesale, size, industry, etc…) (3 marks)
2. In deciding on the legal form for your Hotel business, discuss the reasons for your
choice. (3 marks)
3. Discuss the different financing options to set up your Hotel business and the reasons for
your choice (s). (3 marks)
4. Briefly define the role of accounting as it relates to your Hotel business (your answer
should include accounting information, users of information, accounting process,
financial accounting and management accounting, etc…) (3 marks)
5. Discuss whether financial statement analysis would be useful for the management of the
business (include in your answer the types of analysis that can be used and how they are
useful). (3 marks)
6. Name examples of the Property Plant and Equipment assets that are used in your
business, and discuss the depreciation method that is suitable for these assets and the
reasons for your choice. (3 marks)
7. Give ONE example of unearned revenue and ONE example of prepaid expense that may
occur in your business. (3 marks)
8. Provide a list of items (statements, accounts, ratios, etc…) that a bank would be
interested in, in making a decision to grant your business a loan. (3 marks)
9. Discuss the considerations that the management of your business would take into
account in deciding on whether to distribute profits or to retain them in the business. (3
10. Prepare a hypothetical cash flow statement of your business and give examples of
operating activities, investment activities and financing activities. (3 marks)
Please note that you will need to address these questions in a way that is specific, appropriate,
and directly relevant to the business chosen. (You will need to be specific and your answers
should be relevant and suitable to the characteristics of the Hotel business you have chosen).
The following matters should be given attention:
1. Your assignment must be submitted no later than the Sunday ending week 11 of the
semester. Assessment tasks submitted after the due date, without prior approval or
arrangement, will be penalised by ten percent. Requests for extension of time must be
made with your lecturer and based on Special Consideration guidelines.
2. It is preferred you do your assignment in Microsoft word document
3. This assignment must be handed in for successful completion of the course and will
count as 40 marks towards the final mark.
4. Marks have been allocated to each specific section of your assignment.
5. All assignments are to be uploaded to Turnitin
6. Your Assignment should have a cover page your name and your student ID.
Assessment 4 Marking Guide
Name: Student ID:
Basis of Assessment Marks available
Effectiveness of communication /5
Demonstrated competency and understanding /30
Evidence of research /5