This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
ignificant themes that are becoming evident in the implementation of action research project and data collection
Ongoing Analysis and Reflection
Action research methodology can provide valuable assessment information regarding the outcome of your research. The major purpose of this assignment is to begin to identify significant themes that are becoming evident in the implementation of your action research project and your data collection. The key is to begin to discover trends in your data without making premature decisions; however minor adjustments can be made next week. Action research provides correlative and data driven information that can be used to make positive changes in the teaching and learning environment (Buczynski & Hansen, 2014); Mills, 2018). Additionally, thinking about the key stakeholders and their role in your research is important as well. In summary, this assignment is a preliminary interpretation of the various data obtained thus far. Without committing to initial assumptions, you are to begin to identify the key patterns that are emerging.
To prepare for this assignment, view the Silva (2011) video, Action Research @ a Glance (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGt_jKuMTP4 Next, construct your written assignment to meet the content and written communication expectations stated below.
• Video Reflection (2 Points): In at least one paragraph, reflect on the knowledge you gained or that was reinforced for you by watching the Silva (2011) video.
• Research Question (2 Points): Analyze to what extent your research question(s) is still answerable or worth answering and how you might defend that your research question(s) is/are worth answering.
• Data Collection (3 Points): Justify whether your data collection techniques will provide the kind of data you need to address your questions and whether you are effectively filtering out data that you do not need.
Written Communication Expectations
• Page Requirement (.5 points): Two pages, not including title and references pages.
• APA Formatting (.5 points): Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment.
• Syntax and Mechanics (.5 points): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
• Source Requirement (.5 points): Include at least two scholarly sources providing compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
Buczynski, S., & Hansen, C. B. (2014). The change leader in education: Roles and strategies in the differentiated environment [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
Read Chapters 2 and 4
Mills, G.E. (2018). Action research: A Guide for the Teacher Researcher (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.
Read Chapter 4
Total Possible Score: 9.00
Distinguished – Effectively and thoroughly reflects on the knowledge gained or that was reinforced by watching the Silva (2011) video. The reflection is at least one paragraph in length.
Distinguished – Effectively and thoroughly analyzes the extent to which the research question(s) is/are still answerable or worth answering and considers how to defend that the research question(s) is/are worth answering.
Distinguished – Effectively and thoroughly justifies whether the data collection techniques will provide the kind of data needed to address the questions and determines whether effective filter out of unneeded data is occurring.
Written Communication: Control of Syntax and Mechanics
Distinguished – Displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Written work contains no errors and is very easy to understand.
Written Communication: APA Formatting
Distinguished – Accurately uses APA formatting consistently throughout the paper, title page, and reference page.
Written Communication: Page Requirement
Distinguished – The length of the paper is equivalent to the required number of correctly formatted pages.
Written Communication: Resource Requirement
Distinguished – Uses more than the required number of scholarly sources, providing compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the reference page are used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.