This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
How did the shift from laptops to tablets and the mobile visualization address or solve
Chapter 11, Performance Management using Data Visualization, Mashups and Mobile Intelligence.
In the past, managers usually did not have a convenient way to analyze and develop a good understanding of a lot of data, or to compile data from diverse sources to get reports out fast enough. These limitations make it hard to monitor and manage performance. Ways to combat these problems are visualization (viz) technologies-primarily business dashboards, enterprise mashups, interactive reporting tools and visualization apps for mobiles. These tools pull data from business intelligence (BI) systems, data warehouses, and other internal and external data stores.
- Turn to page 334 and read Case 1 Opening Case: Data Viz iPad App Improves America First’s Performance
- Respond to questions 1 through 6
- Turn to page 348 and read IT at Work 11.2: Dashboards in Action at Hartford Hospital
- Respond to questions 1 and 2
- Turn to page 352 and read Evaluate and Expand Your Learning
- Respond to questions 1 through 3
- Turn to page 353 and read Case 3-Video Case: Mashup-Driven Dashboards and Reporting
- Respond to questions 1 through 4
1. What were the challenges facing the credit union prior to the data visualization reporting system? Explain each challenge.
2.How did the shift from laptops to tablets and the mobile visualization address or solve each of the challenges in your answer to question #1.
3.Why would managers appreciate the user experience of the new system?
4.In your opinion, how would the user experience influence acceptance and use of the credit union’s new system? Explain.
5.How do heat maps convey meaning? Explain how.
6.The design of a user interface and experience that makes it easy, efficient, and enjoyable to operate the mobile device combined with the use of data visualization to understand complex data quickly can benefit workers immensely. However, there may be downsides to consider. What are potential disadvantages or risks resulting from the use of mobile data visualization apps?
7.What KPIs are displayed on Dr. Lindberg’s dashboard? Why are these important?
8.What KPIs will be added to the dashboard? Why?
9. How people use, access, and discover data in business is being actively disrupted by tablets, which had been designed for consumers. Users have higher expectations for data displays and capabilities. Boring, static graphs, and pie charts are unacceptable. Discuss how performance management – the monitoring of KPIs, for example – may be improved by providing managers with data visualizations. Now consider the opposite. In your opinion, would lack of data visualization hurt the ability to manage performance?
Visit http://www.tableausoftware.com/public (Links to an external site.) and click Gallery (Link (Links to an external site.)). Review the posts in the Gallery published by a major business news or sports publisher, such as the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, or CBS Sports, or related to public policy issues (e.g. The State) to find different types of data visualizations, interactive graphs, and interactive sites.
- Select three of the posts that use different types of data visualizations, interactive graphs, and interactive sites. (include the links in your response)
- Discuss how each of those three posts uses visualization or interactivity and the benefits of their uses.
- Select any years set of data and download the CSV file to your computer.
- Unzip the downloaded file to retrieve the information.
- Select the file that interests you the most (e.g. Performance_Metrics).
- Analyze the data in the file.
- Utilize a feature in Excel called Pivot Tables to help with the analysis. Link (Links to an external site.)
- After your analysis is complete. Create a visualization based off of the data analyzed in excel. You can create your own with SmartArt, or you can utilize the data and create a chart based of the data in your pivot tables. Make sure to save as .xls or .xlsx file type.
- Attach your final product to this question. Include your explanation within your excel document.
- ****SAVE AS AN .XLS or .XLSX file type**** .csv will not keep your charts or pivot tables.
12.How does the dashboard empower decision makers?
13.Describe the features of the mashup.
14. Does the tool make it easy for users to create, modify and interact with their dashboards and reports?
15.What is your opinion of this tool?