APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
Herzberg’s Two-Factor Theory
THIS IS 3 SEPARATE ASSIGNMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE THEM!
Herzberg’s two-factor theory speaks to issues relevant in both employee compensation and benefits as it discusses why people choose a workplace, as well as what keeps employees satisfied and committed to their work. For more information on Herzberg’s two-factor theory, see the Frederick Herzberg motivational theory.
Imagine that you are an HR manager in a contemporary firm and answer the following:
- Who are you trying to recruit to work for you (i.e., your audience)?
- What sort of compensation and benefits package would you ensure is in place to recruit the best candidates for the position?
Your initial post should include at least one scholarly source and one popular source to support your response. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts.
If you have taken the time to review Herzberg’s work, you may have learned that people accept a job and stay on the job for different motivational reasons. Job satisfaction is achieved through what Herzberg would categorize as motivational factors (personal growth; responsibility; the work itself; opportunities for achievement, advancement, recognition; and/or to make a positive difference) rather than hygiene factors (status, salary, job security, types of supervision, etc.).
Using at least three comparison web examples from the industry you used in your “Herzberg’s Two-Factor Theory” discussion post this week, delineate a creative employee benefits plan designed to keep your best employees satisfied and motivated. Remember to include all of the links as well as references from the course text and other sources to support your rationale.
Crafting a Compensation and Benefits Plan
Now that you have considered how to recruit and retain the employees you want in your organization, create a compensation and benefits package using this business proposal format. The package must be consistent with the objectives of job satisfaction for the valuable employees in an organization of your design.
The compensation package must include the following:
- Compare and contrast salary and benefit packages of at least three comparable organizations in the same industry.
- Examine what 21st-century employees consider to be benefits (see this week’s recommended readings for a start).
- Consider what helps to keep employees engaged in their work (see State of the American workplace: Employee engagement for U.S. business leaders andSurprising, Disturbing Facts From the Mother of All Employee Engagement Surveys for some ideas).
Your business proposal must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. The proposal must be between three to five pages in length (not including the title and references pages) and must include citations and references for at least five sources (including the text and at least four other scholarly sources, one of which must be from the Ashford University Library)