APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
factors influencing the cost of money for both individuals and corporations
#1 Interest rates, the cost of money, influence most all factors related to personal and corporate capital budgeting. The more obvious personal information for the cost of money is the rates associated with a mortgage or car loan. As a CFO you would “shop” interest rates to find the best rate for your financing needs.
- Would you, as the CFO, finance your projects as soon as possible if cost of capital was expected to drop? Please explain.
- More importantly where do you find the information to analyze expected changes in interest rates?
#2 Time Value of Money, Practical Applications in Business and Personal Decisions
If you have put money in a savings account, made monthly auto or mortgage payments, or paid down your student loan ahead of time you have inherently applied TVM.
- Discuss how you may have used TVM in a recent investment or loan decision and explain some of the TVM details that may have been involved in your transaction.
- If you have not used TVM in the past financial transactions explain potential TVM applications you would encounter in future business or personal transactions.
#3 Compounding Interest and the Banker
There are many factors influencing the cost of money for both individuals and corporations. Suppose you deposit money in an interest bearing account and at the same time borrow a bit of money from the same bank.
- In which account would the bank apply quarterly compounding factors versus simple interest?
- Explain your choices and your reasoning. You may want to check your personal accounts in regard to this type of transaction.