I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
Explain the functions of a parole board. According to a recent study, what are the four most important factors parole boards consider before granting release on parole?
All questions must have it own references after the question. APA guidelines, correct English and grammar, complete word count, good up to date references. Proper citations if needed. No cover sheet just answer question. This book is where we get the information and must be used as one of the references:
Textbook(s)Bohm, R. M., & Haley, K. N. (2012). Introduction to criminal justice (7th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
All question must have it own reference after the answer. The word count is after each question.
1. Summarize the purposes of confinement in Europe before it became a major method of punishing criminals. Describe how offenders were punished before the large scale use of confinement. Explain why confinement began to be used as a major way of punishing offenders in Europe. (respond with a minimum of 150 words)
2. Describe the recent trends in the use of incarceration in the United States. What are the most common characteristics of the incarcerated population in the United States? (respond with a minimum of 150 words)
3. Summarize what recidivism research reveals about the success of the prison in achieving deterrence and rehabilitation. Summarize the research findings on recidivism rates among offenders on probation. How do the recidivism rates of parolees and probationers compare? (respond with a minimum of 150 words)
4. Explain the functions of a parole board. According to a recent study, what are the four most important factors parole boards consider before granting release on parole? (respond with a minimum of 150 words)
5. A client tells you that her boss is treating her unfairly at work because of her criminal record and probation or parole status. Your client is afraid of being fired and having her probation or parole revoked. What do you do? 200 words
6. You discover that a client is using marijuana. You like the client, and other than the marijuana use, he has been doing well on probation or parole. What do you do?