This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
We Guarantee Your Academic Excellence
Explain how the environment that families create at home helps promote optimal cognitive development
Preschoolers (Ages 3-5) is the chosen age group for this assignment. when answering the questions please put them in the attached file.
- Influence of Theory (2 points): Explain how theory can influence the choices families make when promoting their child’s cognitive development abilities for your chosen age group. Use specific examples from one theory of cognitive development that has been discussed thus far in the course.
- Piagetian Theory/ Social Constructivist Theory
- Home Environment (1.5 points): Explain how the environment that families create at home helps promote optimal cognitive development for your chosen age group. Provide at least two strategies that you would encourage families to use to foster this type of environment.
- Families and Executive Functions (2 points): Discuss the role that family plays in developing executive functions for your chosen age group. Provide at least two strategies that you suggest families use to help foster the development of executive functions.
- Families and Memory Development (2 points): Examine the role that family plays in memory development for your chosen age group. Provide at least two strategies families can use to support memory development.
- Families and Conceptual Development (2 points): Examine the role that family plays in conceptual development for your chosen age group. Use ideas from your response to the Week Three Discussion 1 forum to provide at least two strategies families can use to support development in this area.
- Community Resources (1 point): Explain at least two community resources that you would suggest families use to support the cognitive development of their children for your chosen age group.
- Supporting Families (2 points): Analyze the role that you would play in helping to support families within your community to promote optimal cognitive development for your chosen age group.
please use these references for this assignment only
-Farrar, M. J. & Montgomery, D. (2015). Cognitive development of children: Research and application [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
-Lugo-Gil, J., & Tamis-LeMonda, C. S. (2008). Family resources and parenting quality: Links to children’s cognitive development across the first 3 Years. Child Development, 79(4), 1065-1085. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01176.x
-Center on the Developing Child. (n.d.). Enhancing and practicing executive function skills with children from infancy to adolescence (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/tools…