I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
Please remember that all written work should be checked for spelling and grammar. Your answers should be in complete sentences and numbered. You are to use your own words. If you are quoting from the text, lecture, or a website, I have no way of knowing that you understand. Point values are as indicated. Please note that you should be using the lectures, text, and discussion as you work on these questions.
Written Assignment – Section VII (Chapters 13 and 14). NOTE – all written work should be checked for spelling and grammar. Your answers should be in complete sentences. You are to USE YOUR OWN WORDS. If you are quoting from the text, I have no way of knowing that you understand (and you will be penalized). Point values are as indicated.
- In this section we look at a form of thinking that goes beyond Piaget’s final stage. Considering that many people do not even achieve formal operational thinking, it might seem odd to speak of cognitive skills that are above and beyond what Piaget envisioned. Why might Piaget not have recognized that there was a form of thinking more sophisticated than his final stage? What fundamental error did Piaget make with respect to the achievement of this final stage? As always, be sure to explain your answer thoroughly. (3 points)
- Is young adulthood better characterized as a period of health-improving lifestyles or health-impairing lifestyles? Be sure to explain and justify your response. (2 points)
- What is the psychosocial task of young adulthood? In your opinion, does Erikson’s vision of the psychosocial task of young adulthood still apply today? Why or why not? As always, be sure to explain yourself fully. (3 points)
- (a) How do expectations about marriage contribute to the failure of marriages? (b) What other factors can you identify that explain today’s high divorce rate? Please provide at least two – consider how times have changed and other relevant things that you have read about. (c) Is there any evidence to suggest that marriage is actually good for you? As always, be sure to explain yourself and to answer all parts of the question. (3 points)
- Explain, in your own words, consensual validation and the matching hypothesis. Provide examples of both concepts that demonstrates their role in attraction. Based on your experience, do you see support for either of these concepts? As always, be sure to explain and support your response. (4 points)
- Describe two studies that could be conducted to identify a biological basis for sexual orientation. (This is a thought question – don’t be looking for the answer in your text!) Considering the research that has been conducted (and discussed in the text and/or elsewhere), what do you think determines sexual orientation? (3 points)
- Consider the concept of “emerging adulthood”. Explain why this stage has been proposed and what it is. Is there a need, in your opinion, for this view of adulthood? Why or why not? (2 points)