This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Does punishment deter crime?
Statistics show that there is a high rate of criminal recidivism in the United States. This raises the question, “Does punishment deter crime?
- Resources: Ch. 7 of Society and the Online Library
- Research the affects of the four types of punishment—retribution, deterrence, rehabilitation, and societal protection—in relation to today’s American society, as outlined in the Summing Up table on p. 182. Try search terms such as “effects of retribution on American society.”
- Write a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper that summarizes your research results and addresses the following questions:
- Which type of punishment deters crime most effectively?
- Do the consequences of punishment provide any benefits for criminals and society?
- Format your paper according to APA standards.
- Cite 3 to 5 sources; at least two must come from the Online Library. You may refer to the Recommended Web Sites list in the Electronic Resources section at the beginning of this syllabus for additional sources.
Note: Sources other than those from the Online Library or the Recommended Web Sites list need to be approved by the instructor. Submit the paper as an attachment.