This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Discuss the process one go through to select the appropriate data types, primary and foreign keys, and other constraints that are necessary to maintain the integrity of the database
As one of the program outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program, students must design and develop a database using professional principles and standards.
Write a 1- to 2-page memo in which you complete the following:
- Choose a database application from the following:
- An appropriate database environment within your workplace.
- An Art Museum that needs to track the artwork, artists, and locations where the art is displayed or stored within the museum.
- A similar environment that you have has some experience with in the past.
- Analyze the database environment.
- Describe the problems and constraints.
- Describe the objectives of the database environment.
- Describe the scope and boundaries.
- List the data specifications (must include a minimum of three entities with attributes).
Include two or three references.
Format citations using APA format.
The following assignment is based on the database environment proposed in the Week One Individual Assignment.
Perform a logical design on the proposed database environment without going through the full normalization process. Include the identification of all entities and attributes associated with the environment.
Create a 1-page memo to document your logical design including the process you went through.
Discuss the process you went through to select the appropriate data types, primary and foreign keys, and other constraints that are necessary to maintain the integrity of the database.
Create a detailed Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) using the data specifications from the logical design. Use Microsoft® Visio®, Lucidchart, or another software tool of your choice to create this diagram.