Assignment 5 MGT 6318 Due Sunday, August 5 Formatting Notes: Choose a font style and size that can be read without causing undue eyestrain. Use 1.5 or 2….
Discuss the importance of data collection, retrieval, and analysis as it applies to officer safety and the criminal justice system.
This week you will research information on the NCIC website for information regarding data collection, storage, and retrieval. This week’s Assignment will help you prepare for a larger Assignment in Unit 7 which requires knowing what data you can utilize from NCIC to conduct a traffic stop and communicate with other states.
Create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint® Presentation(Excluding cover slide and reference slide) incorporating speaker notes outlining the following:
- Describe how is data collected, stored, and retrieved.
- Discuss the importance of data collection, retrieval, and analysis as it applies to officer safety and the criminal justice system.
- Identify four or more methods of data collection, storage, retrieval, and analysis as it relates to the criminal justice system and their importance.
- Explain the importance of NCIC in a traffic stop and two or more benefits crime analysis has for both the community and law enforcement.
- Identify three types of queries an officer may retrieve from NCIC.
Include a title slide and reference slide. Use bullets for your main points.
Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience. Format your work consistent with APA guidelines.