This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Discuss strategies to address barriers, and provide one or more insights regarding why you think they might be effective
Assignment: Application 4: Planning for Change, Implementing and Evaluating EBP Projects
Planning for Change
Change can be difficult—and implementing new practices based on evidence can present challenges. How can you effectively prepare your work environment for change? What factors need to be considered (e.g., financial, legislative, systems)?
This week you begin working on Application 4, which builds on this week’s Discussion and is a continuation of your EBP Project. For this first section of the assignment, determine the factors that would impact stakeholders or end users as you create change and implement a new process/project to address your EBP issue.
Prepare for this week’s section of Application 4 as follows:
- Continue (from this week’s Discussion) to analyze the impact of implementing change in your practice environment. What factors need to be considered regarding stakeholders or end users? How would you communicate with them to address their questions or concerns? How would you enlist their support?
- Develop a summary of the methods you would use to ensure that those factors are adequately addressed.
By Day 7 of Week 10
Application 4 is due. You do not need to submit anything this week.
This assignment needs to reflect PICO question.
In the inpatient skilled nursing population age 45 and older, will patients whose units employ Q shift fall assessments and individualized fall alerts/ protocols, experience fewer falls compared to the patients whose units continued to utilize the standard fall protocol and the current on-admission falls risk assessment over a 6 month time period?
Morse Falls Scale Adapted from Sage Publications
Below is this week’s discussion
Discussion: Preparing for Change
What steps might be utilized to move a practice issue from development and design through implementation to the realization of positive outcomes? How does theory provide a framework? What barriers might you encounter?
- Review the theories and frameworks (i.e., change, organizational, behavioral) presented in Chapter 3 of the course text, Translation of Evidence Into Nursing and Health Care Practice, and conduct additional research of your own. What insights do these theories provide regarding how to take your practice issue from development and design through implementation to the realization of positive outcomes?
- Think about your practicum setting and evaluate the readiness for change in this environment. Identify barriers and facilitators for change.
- Consider strategies to address the barriers, and assess why they might be effective based on theory.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- Assess the readiness for change in your practicum environment. Discuss those factors (barriers and facilitators) that need to be considered.
- Identify a theory or framework that will guide your change efforts.
- Discuss strategies to address barriers, and provide one or more insights regarding why you think they might be effective based on theory.