This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Discuss important elements of agency law related to employee commitments to other companies
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Your boss read an article on contract law and became concerned that proper contracting rules will be applied in subcontracts you will issue in the future. Specifically, you have been asked to meet with your boss and others in the department. You were asked to explain how agency law and the Uniform Commercial Code complement each other in cases where contract disputes arise. Discuss the following:
- Discuss important elements of agency law related to employee commitments to other companies.
- Explain the provisions in the Uniform Commercial Code that are important when one company finds it necessary to stop the shipment of products from their subcontract supplier.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.