APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
differences and similarities between the retribution and incapacitation theories
Please note that you are required to support your views by citing your sources in all assignments. Even if the question asks for your opinion, you are still expected to support your opinion with references to published works and other materials. APA format is necessary for your assignments when citing references, and assistance on how to cite in APA style is available using the APA Citation Center.
- Choose “Library” from the top navigation bar.
- Choose “APA Citation Center” from the left navigation bar.
- Click “Example Sources.”
- Scroll down, and click “APA Documentation.”
For more information on citing your sources, please click on the About this Course link in the classroom.
Using the course materials, library, Web resources, and textbook, research the retribution and incapacitation theories of punishment. In this assignment, you will prepare an essay on the differences and similarities between the retribution and incapacitation theories.
- Using the course materials, library, Web resources, and textbook, address the following in a Word document of 4–5 pages:
- Identify 2 specific differences and similarities between the theories.
- Examine and explain 2 social arguments used to support both theories. Argument topics include the death penalty and costs of incarceration.
- Include any philosophical or social issues that could be used to support either model.
- Please include any situations or social forces that you deem applicable that may have influence over either theory of punishment.
- You must use at least 2 references to support your responses.
- All references and in-text citations should be formatted using APA style