This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Determine the most efficient alternative energy design that would reduce the energy output through built-in calculation
Resources: LEED™ Presentation; Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet
Read the LEED™ Microsoft® PowerPoint® Presentation to gain an understanding of the standard for green architecture.
Select the design of a home that uses standard architectural design or nonrenewable, inefficient energy guidelines.
Complete the Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet. Use the Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet to complete the following:
- Determine the most efficient alternative energy design that would reduce the energy output through built-in calculation.
- Compare the energy usage in the original to the new design of the chosen home.
Redesign your chosen building to achieve a certified, silver, or gold level of LEED™ certification.
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation and include the following:
- Outline your idea for an alternative energy design that includes LEED™ architecture.
- Determine the most energy-efficient design or alternative energy for the home or building you have chosen.
- Describe how you might integrate sustainable energy sources and technologies into the design.
- Report the energy savings of the new design.
- Compare actions you might take in daily activities at home, when commuting, and to work to reduce the energy you consume.