Task1:words:350 What do you believe to be the most compelling reason to migrate information to the cloud? What is your biggest security concern about doing so? Task2:no words limit satisfy….
The motion picture industry is a competitive business. More than 50 studios produce a total of 300 to 400 new motion pictures each year, and the financial success of each motion picture varies considerably. Gross sales for the opening weekend, the total gross sales, the number of theaters the movie was shown in, and the number of weeks the motion picture was open are common variables used to measure the success of a motion picture. Data collected for a sample of 100 motion pictures produced in 20XX are contained in the file named Movies, linked at the bottom of the page. Use all 100 data points.
Prepare a report (see below) using the numerical methods of descriptive statistics presented in this module to learn how each of the variables contributes to the success of a motion picture. Be sure to include the following three (3) items in your report.
- Descriptive statistics (mean, median, range, and standard deviation) for each of the four variables along with an explanation of what the descriptive statistics tell us about the motion picture industry.
- Use the z-score to determine which movies, if any, should be considered high-performance outliers in each of the four variables. If there are any outliers in any category, please list them and state for which category they are an outlier. Describe which method you used to make your determination.
- Descriptive statistics (correlation coefficient) showing the relationship between total gross sales and each of the other three variables. Evaluate the relationships between total gross sales and each of the other three variables. Use tables, charts, graphs, or visual dashboards to support your conclusions.
Write a report that adheres to the Written Assignment Requirements under the heading “Expectations for CSU-Global Written Assignments” found in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. As with all written assignments at CSU-Global, you should have in-text citations and a reference page. An example paper is provided in the MTH410 Guide to Writing with Statistics, linked at the bottom of the page.
Your report must contain the following:
- A title page in APA style.
- An introduction that summarizes the problem.
- The body of the paper should answer the questions posed in the problem by communicating the results of your analysis. Include results of calculations, as well as charts and graphs, where appropriate.
- A conclusion paragraph that addresses your findings and what you have determined from the data and your analysis.