This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Describe why Bornstein maintains that it is important to use the PF model of validity.
Consider Bornstein’s (2011) process focused (PF) Model approach to validity.
Please access the Bornstein (2011) article in Doc Sharing.
Bornstein, R. F. (2011). Toward a process focused model of test score validity: Improving psychological assessment in science and practice. Psychological Assessment, 23 (2), 532-544.
Then consider a construct (psychological variable) of interest in your specialty area, and a test (you can use the Buros website to select one) http://buros.unl.edu/buros/jsp/search.jsp. designed to assess that specific construct. .
1. Compare and contrast the PF and traditional models of validity.
2. Describe why Bornstein maintains that it is important to use the PF model of validity.
3. Using the 4 steps outlined by Bornstein how would you assess validity for your chosen construct and selected test to assess that construct?
The assignment should:
· Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
· Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
· Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. Be a minimum of 5 pages (not including Title Page and Reference List).