This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
Describe all the requirements for social networking in a company and explain how they would be met using hardware, software, networking and security. In other words, summarize the necessary elements of the solution necessary to address the requirements
The following needs to be completed in APA format with at least two work citations.
Given the following Scenario:
A former dot com company, Verbania, Inc., shut down in 2001 because of the Internet bubble burst. It is attempting to reinvent and launch itself once again. It is looking for a complete information technology (IT) solution that includes hardware, software, networking, and security, among other requirements. Verbania’s core product will be a social networking Web site and mobile application that rivals the big names that currently represent social media. It is attempting to find the best features and consolidate them into its product. The company is looking to establish its headquarters in the Silicon Valley region in California. The executives at Verbania are looking for your company to propose a solution that will endure future Internet trends.
The basic user requirements for the social networking solution must include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating an account and a profile
- Creating discussion forums and posting
- Search capability for people
- Gaming component
- Calendar component for reminders
- Instant messaging and Voice Over Internet protocol (VOIP)-type calling between friends
- Secure account and email feature
- Availability seven days a week
The basic company requirements for the social networking solution must include but are not limited to the following:
- Collect, store, back up, and mine user data to better understand users.
- Integrate collected data with customer relationship management (CRM) to improve business and customer support processes.
- Analyze user patterns, behavior, and generated traffic to present to advertisers.
Requested functionality for the social networking application includes the following:
- Account setup and log-in functionality
- Creating a profile
- Adding or removing friends
- Posting to a discussion area
The class is taking a project management approach so please include some of those details. This phase of the project is the “planning”.
The below questions needs to be answered. Note class is a 400 level class therefore “400” level work expected. 🙂
- What unstated requirements are there and what method(s) would you use to collect a more comprehensive set of requirements?
- Describe all the requirements and explain how they would be met using hardware, software, networking and security. In other words, summarize the necessary elements of the solution necessary to address the requirements.