This discussion assesses your ability to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the Individualized Education Program team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome….
deliver a 10-minute slidepresentation on:the problem and its socio-political context; the social justice responses and solutions;the movements that are working for change; and ways for your classmates to participate.
Objective:Research a contemporary social justice issue. Then,deliver a 10-minute slidepresentation on:the problem and its socio-political context; the social justice responses and solutions;the movements that are working for change; and ways for your classmates to participate.
Guidelines and Organization:
- Problem: Dedicate a minimum of three slides to describing the social injustice and its socio-political context. This might include economic trends, social norms, scientific data, legal precedents, etc.
- Response: Dedicate a minimum of three slides to describing the social justice response to this problem. Be certain to define:
- an inclusive common good to work towards,
- ways of transforming institutions and norms,
- types of collective action that can be taken,
- incremental progress that can be made,
- Andsocial justice values that might be incorporated (solidarity, subsidiarity, mutual aid, democracy, equity, etc.).
- Movements: Dedicate a minimum of two slides to describing a known social justice movement or organization that is working to address this social injustice; highlight the way they organize, their goals and their victories.
- Action: Dedicate two slides to inspiring the class to take meaningful action. Describe at least two very specific ways for the class to contribute. You may include printed hand-outs for the class.
- Research: a variety of reputable sources is preferred; a minimum of four research sources is required.
- Outline: Type an outline of main points, secondary points, and supporting details for the four presentation parts listed above. Include your research citations and important quotes or facts. (2 to 3 pages)