APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
deliver a 10-minute slidepresentation on:the problem and its socio-political context; the social justice responses and solutions;the movements that are working for change; and ways for your classmates to participate.
Objective:Research a contemporary social justice issue. Then,deliver a 10-minute slidepresentation on:the problem and its socio-political context; the social justice responses and solutions;the movements that are working for change; and ways for your classmates to participate.
Guidelines and Organization:
- Problem: Dedicate a minimum of three slides to describing the social injustice and its socio-political context. This might include economic trends, social norms, scientific data, legal precedents, etc.
- Response: Dedicate a minimum of three slides to describing the social justice response to this problem. Be certain to define:
- an inclusive common good to work towards,
- ways of transforming institutions and norms,
- types of collective action that can be taken,
- incremental progress that can be made,
- Andsocial justice values that might be incorporated (solidarity, subsidiarity, mutual aid, democracy, equity, etc.).
- Movements: Dedicate a minimum of two slides to describing a known social justice movement or organization that is working to address this social injustice; highlight the way they organize, their goals and their victories.
- Action: Dedicate two slides to inspiring the class to take meaningful action. Describe at least two very specific ways for the class to contribute. You may include printed hand-outs for the class.
- Research: a variety of reputable sources is preferred; a minimum of four research sources is required.
- Outline: Type an outline of main points, secondary points, and supporting details for the four presentation parts listed above. Include your research citations and important quotes or facts. (2 to 3 pages)