I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
"Defining "Classical"; Visual or Literal Early Abolitionist Art and Literature"
Defining Classical – 2 to 3 pragraphs
This is a discussion 1 or 2 paragraphs…..choose one rom the table…
WEEK 4 DISCUSSION -“Defining “Classical”;
“Defining “Classical”; Visual or Literal Early Abolitionist Art and Literature” Please respond to one (1)of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Listen to one (1) composition (for a symphony) by Haydn or Mozart, either at the Websites below or in this week’s Music Folder. Identify the work that you have chosen, and describe the way in which the composition expresses the specific qualities of the Classical music style: Use the key terms from the textbook that are related to that particular music style, and explain what you like or admire about the work. Compare it to a specific modern musical work for which you might use the term “classic” or “classical”
- Compare Neoclassicism and Rococo as styles and sensibilities. What do their differences reflect about patronage, popular taste, and historical change? And how can you relate either style to today’s popular taste (or not)?
- The United States’ Declaration of Independence, written primarily by Thomas Jefferson, is one of the most influential documents in modern history, helping to inspire mass movements and revolutionary upheavals in America and abroad. Analyze the Declaration as a literary work. What does Jefferson’s diction suggest about the American Revolution as a product of the Enlightenment? What does it suggest about how “revolutionary” the American Revolution was then? And how can you relate it to today?
- Explain whether you think an autobiographical or fictional account by a slave such as Phillis Wheatley and Olaudah Equiano, is more persuasive than a biographical or fictional account by a white author such as John Gabriel Stedman or Aphra Behn. In your explanations, use specific examples and consider both audience and the content and nature of the work. Identify a literary form example in modern times that you think is most effective at depicting injustice and why.
- Explain whether you believe the representations of slavery in the visual arts such as William Blake’s illustrations, William Hackwood’s cameo, or John Singleton Copley’s painting were more compelling and convincing of the injustices of slavery than the literary representations already mentioned above. In your explanations, use specific examples and consider both audience and the content and nature of the work. Identify an art form example in modern times that you think is most effective at depicting injustice and why.
- Chapter 25 (pp. 826-832), classical style described; examples; review the Week 3 “Music Folder”
- Haydn at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JESXMWrwzVQ and http://www.npr.org/artists/16110605/franz-joseph-haydn
- Mozart at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hywOY9BS9tQ and http://www.npr.org/artists/15327819/wolfgang-amadeus-mozart
Early Abolitionist Art & Literature
- Chapter 26 (pp. 870-2): Equiano, Stedman, Wheatley, Behn; Chapter 26 (pp. 877-879): Equiano and Behn
- Wheatley at http://www.vcu.edu/engweb/webtexts/Wheatley/phil.htm
- Chapter 26 (pp. 870-873): Blake, Hackwood, Copley
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality