I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
“Why do we need to understand data visualizations? There is more and more data around us, and data are increasingly used in decision-making, journalism, and to make sense of the world. One of the main ways that people get access to data is through visualizations, but lots of people feel like they don’t have the skills and knowledge to make sense of visualizations. This can mean that some people feel left out of conversations about data.” – http://seeingdata.org/developing-visualisation-literacy/
Please conduct the activity located at the following address:
Tell the class what you thought of the visualizations used in the focus group research.
- Look at the visualizations by clicking on the images. You can choose to open the visualization in a NEW tab or window (recommended) or view it in a pop-up window if you prefer to stay on the page. Some visualizations are interactive (i) and some are static (s).
- Place the images on the grid. When you have looked at one, go to the grid and position the image according to whether you liked or didn’t like and learned or didn’t learn something from the visualization (‘learning something’ could also mean confirming something you already knew). Only place the visualizations that you have looked at onto the grid.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Finally, compare your views with others. You can compare your responses to the visualizations with those of others, by clicking COMPARE.
- Choose three of your favorite visualizations.
- Post a 3 – 5 sentence summary of why you chose the visualizations. What caught your attention? Were they effective in presenting the provided data?
- If possible, explain what you would do to improve the visualization?