APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
Compare and contrast intelligence-led policing and community-oriented policing strategies (discussed earlier in the course).
As you may recall from the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013, the role of the local Boston Police Department was far more extensive than the “getting coffee for federal agents” that TV police dramas sometimes portray. It was a true partnership between local and federal agencies, working hand-in-hand to protect the local community, and potentially the entire country, from an initially unknown enemy. In the textbook, Cordner outlines that the police role in homeland security is comprised of four sectors or systems.
- Outline these four sectors or systems of the police role in homeland security and apply them to what the Boston Police Department did in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing.
- Provide at least one example of how the Boston Police Department performed each of these four sectors or systems of the police role in homeland security during the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombing.
- Explain how police attention to terrorism and homeland security has led to the development of intelligence-led policing.
Part Two: Decision-Making and Organizational Philosophies
Intelligence-led policing and community-oriented policing are two of the primary organizational philosophies used by law enforcement agencies today. These philosophies guide the decisions made within organizations and how they reduce crime and the fear of crime in their communities.
- Compare and contrast intelligence-led policing and community-oriented policing strategies (discussed earlier in the course).
- Research your local law enforcement agency and discuss how they incorporate these two philosophies in the administration of their organization. Setting up an interview with a member of your local law enforcement agency to gain this information is highly recommended, but not required.
- Write a 1,050–1,400-word paper covering these topics.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, and mechanics).
- Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Follow standard APA guidelines:
- Include a title page and references page.
- Document should include a running head with page numbers.
- Double spaced, in Arial or Times New Roman, 12-point font size.
- Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format.
Note: This Assignment requires outside research. Use at least two credible sources beyond the text material and discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used. You may consult the Kaplan Library, the Internet, the textbook, other course materials, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in APA style.