I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
Calculate the mean, median, mode, and standard deviation for the burglary statistics provided on the metropolitan area of Battawba.
For this Application Assignment, use the following statistics:
The mean is the average of all numbers in a set of data.
- The mode is the number in a dataset that most frequently occurs.
- The median is the number that falls in the middle of the numbers in a given set when those numbers are placed in rank order.
- The standard deviation tells how far the numbers in a given data set deviate from the mean of that set. In other words, it tells whether the numbers in the dataset are generally close together or far apart.
The total population of the Battawba metropolitan area was 5,604,383 persons in 2011. For that year, the following burglary rates were reported in the localities within this metropolitan area:
|Area||Number of Burglaries Reported|
|City of Battawba||2,563|
|City of Wineburg||734|
|City of Lakeville||301|
|City of Drake||1,482|
|City of Valmer||231|
|City of Chase Abbey||857|
|City of Southmetro||644|
|City of Collington||1026|
|City of Williamson||644|
|City of New Batten||159|
The assignment (2 pages in APA format):
- Calculate the mean, median, mode, and standard deviation for the burglary statistics provided on the metropolitan area of Battawba.
- Explain your interpretation of the measures of central tendency and standard deviation for burglary rates in the Battawba metropolitan area (i.e., what they can tell you about who is committing crime and where it is being committed).