I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
Assignment 1: LASA 2: Rehabilitation and Community Corrections One of the problems that you will face in the real world is that of public perception of rehabilitation and community corrections programs. Intermediate sanctions are mechanisms and programs that relate to the supervision of criminal offenders not under strict confinement or incarceration. Gaining support from the public for these programs requires well-documented presentations that are accessible to general audiences and can drive powerful support and ultimately funding for rehabilitation and community corrections programs. Instructions: You have been granted an internship at the Centervale Corrections Authority. Your first task is to research and draft a presentation that will be used to educate citizens and to gain support for funding rehabilitation and intermediate sanctions, better known as community corrections programs. In order to make this accessible for long-term use, you are instructed to create a presentation that will not only educate the local citizens but build their understanding of the benefits of rehabilitation and ultimately gain support for community corrections programs in Centervale. Keep in mind that you are soliciting the support of the citizens and that you seek their suggestions and recommendations. Some of the rehabilitation and community corrections issues you will examine include rehabilitation issues associated with gender, culture, race, ethnicity, gang activity, and criminal organizations within the prison system. You will recommend rehabilitation and community corrections programs that will improve the success rate for rehabilitation in Centervale’s prison populations. Your presentation will be an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with script and will include the following: Analyze the role of rehabilitation in corrections and communicate in a manner that can be understood by the citizens of Centervale. Analyze research regarding rehabilitation in corrections and support your presentation with empirical research. Examine the difficulty of implementing rehabilitation programs in the correctional environment and include expected timelines, outcomes, and assessments. Examine the rehabilitation issues associated with gender, culture, race, ethnicity, gang activity, and criminal organizations within prison systems. Recommend rehabilitation and community corrections programs that will improve the success rate for rehabilitation in Centervale’s prison populations and include opportunities to solicit citizens’ suggestions and recommendations for community corrections to gain their support and associated funding. Note: Remember to add detailed speaker notes for each slide of the presentation. Submission Details: Save the final presentation as M5_A1_Lastname_Firstname.ppt. By Monday, July 24, 2017, submit your final presentation to the M5 Assignment 1 LASA 2 Dropbox. LASA 2 Grading Criteria and Rubric All LASAs in this course will be graded using a rubric. This assignment is worth 300 points. Download the rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations. Assignment 1 Grading Criteria Maximum Points Analyzed the role of rehabilitation in corrections and communicated in a manner that can be understood by the citizens of Centervale. 48 Analyzed the research regarding rehabilitation in corrections and supported your presentation with empirical research. 48 Recognized the difficulty of implementing rehabilitation programs in the correctional environment; included expected timelines, outcomes, and assessments. 48 Examined the rehabilitation issues associated with gender, culture, race, ethnicity, gang activity, and criminal organizations within prison systems. 44 Recommended rehabilitation and community corrections programs that will improve the success rate for rehabilitation in Centervale’s prison populations and included opportunities to solicit citizens’ suggestions and recommendations for community corrections to gain Centervale citizens’ support and associated funding. 48 Written components: Organization (16) Usage and mechanics (16) APA elements (24) Style (8) 64 Total: 300
Assignment 1: Modern Day Policing and Society: Where Are We Headed?
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
In this course we have been learning about the different eras of policing from the inception of the first police force in 1829 to the current era of policing today. Based on the current climate, there is a level of distrust today between the police and the public. Riots, marches, and protests in response to high-profile police shootings have eroded the relationships that were built through community policing. With the hopes of improving police efficiency and finding new approaches to working together with the public, the country is again ready for a new era of policing.
Use the Internet and your textbook to research the different eras of policing up until today. Based on the role and function of police officers changing over the years, address the questions below relative to the current state of policing and where we are headed in the future. As an optional component of this assignment for extra credit, you may also interview a law enforcement professional to get his/her explanation on this topic.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Examine at least (2) of the eras of policing and discuss their main strengths and weaknesses.
- Examine at least two (2) issues facing law enforcement today and explain the impact both of these issues have on social order.
- Take a position on where law enforcement is headed in the next five (5) years. Discuss what you believe the future of policing looks like, and the main challenges you think law enforcement will face.
- Describe the role of the public in cooperation with the police, as you see it, in the near future in order to improve the relationship between these groups and to optimally work together in facing the future challenges you identified.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Distinguish the relationship of criminal justice to social justice and the wider notion of equity and fairness.
- Summarize the mission of law enforcement in democratic societies and describe the structure of American policing today.
- Summarize the current ethical issues faced by criminal justice professionals and future of the criminal justice system.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.