I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
I’m studying for my Art class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
- The essay should be double-spaced, 12-point font, standard margins all around.
- Do not use a title page. Instead, place your name, course title, semester, and date inthe upper left corner of the first page.
- Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length.
- Embed or attach the image you’ve chosen to describe.
- Do not use any outside sources besides our text. Cite the author & page if you do.
- Plagiarizing information off the Internet: Don’t Do It
- First, introduce the work you’ve chosen by stating the artist, title, date, and medium. Next, tell your reader what it is. (Is it a narrative painting? Portrait of an actual person? Landscape? Still-life? etc.)
- Next,formulatetheBodyofyourpaperbydescribingthework(thisisyouranalysis of the formal properties), focusing on creating a logical order so that your reader (i.e., me) doesn’t get lost. Perhaps you might arrange your description according to a.– f. above.
- Lastly, write a short conclusion that states why you chose the work you did, and how the work’s formal qualities combine to fulfill the goal of the artist – that is, in your view, is the work a success or not? Why or why not? Suggest how these formal properties articulate the subject matter and make it understandable either to the modern day viewer or perhaps to those for whom the work was created. What emotional tone is set by the overall color harmony or disharmony? By the overall effects of light? Is the painting soothing, dramatic, discordant?
Requirements: 4 pages | .doc file