APA format is required. References should be listed immediately after the question that is being answered. Each question lists a minimum number of unique scholarly references; the textbook is considered one unique….
appropriate uses and users of decision support systems
Evaluations and Ethics
A range of ethical issues must be considered in an HIT system implementation. Ethical issues can be related to the appropriate use of decision support systems, privacy and confidentiality, consent for the use of clinical information, and accountability errors. By being aware of potential ethical issues, nurse informaticists may generate evaluation plans that circumvent or address ethical concerns before these concerns hinder a system implementation.
In this Discussion, you analyze potential concerns or issues that could arise during an evaluation, and consider strategies for addressing those concerns.
- Select one of the following areas, and consider potential ethical issues a nurse informaticist may encounter:
- appropriate uses and users of decision support systems
- privacy and confidentiality
- consent for secondary use of clinical and genetic information in databases
- accountability or responsibility for errors
- Using this week’s Learning Resources and at least one additional resource from the Walden Library, identify key concerns within the area you selected.
- Consider strategies for using evaluations to address these ethical concerns.
By Wednesday 1/25/2016, post a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 3 references from the list below that include the level one headings as followed below:
1) A summary of the key ethical concerns within the area you selected.
2) Suggest strategies for using evaluations to address ethical issues