I need support with this Asian Studies question so I can learn better. Write a review of the reading Marcus and Chen Inside Outside Chinatown Requirements: 250+ | .doc fileATTACHMENTSmarcus_and_chen_inside_outside_chinatown.pdf
A short summary of the book and why this study falls under the realm of anthropology.
PAPER ASSIGNMENT (50 points)
This paper is to be written about my book, With No Direction Home: Homeless Youth on the Road and in the Streets.
The paper should be written in essay form with an introductory paragraph and a conclusion. The body of the paper should be in essay form and should incorporate the following:
- A short summary of the book and why this study falls under the realm of anthropology.
- A short discussion of the research method I used to conduct the study and how that is related to anthropology.
- The obstacles I encountered in conducting this research
- Your own stereotypes that you had about street kids before reading the book.
- Why this group is considered a “subculture.” If you don’t think they are, then why not?
- The insights you gained from this book in understanding street kid culture.
- Why you think this particular group exists in society.
- What surprised you the most about this group, and why?
- Anything else you want to include about the book that will be relevant to your paper.
Since I am the one that wrote the book, I am not asking you to critique it or review it in any way. I don’t want to put anyone on the spot. I basically want to know what you learned from it.
Also, please make sure that you write this paper in a proper narrative form. I don’t want you to use the above points as a question and answer type format. It should all flow together. You don’t need to include the above points in any particular order; you should just try to incorporate them where they best fit in with the flow of your paper. Also, it is very important that you back up your thoughts with lots of examples from the book. If you are discussing why this group is considered a subculture, you wouldn’t just say because they fit the definition of a subculture. You should give examples from the book where they are demonstrating subcultural behavior, etc.
* Paper should be 5-7 double spaced pages
* 1-inch margin all around
* I prefer 12 point Times New Roman font.
* Pages should be numbered
Make sure to reference any direct quotes and to include a reference list at the end of the paper. You do not really need to use any other references than this book and perhaps the Kottak book to help you support some of your thoughts or help you with anthropological theories or definitions. If you want to cite other articles or books, that is fine, but the bulk of the paper should come from the two books we are using in class.