A parallelogram has a height of 6 units and a corresponding base of 7 units. What is the area of each triangle formed when one diagonal of the parallelograms is drawn? What is the area of each small triangle formed when two diagonals are drawn?
UNIT 3 DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
- Triangle LMP has coordinates L (3,4), M (6,6), and P (5, 5). A translation maps point L to L’ at (7, -4). Find the coordinates for M’, and for P’, for this translation, and write sentences describing your steps.
- RSTU has coordinates R (0,0), S (2,3), T (6,3), and U (4,0). If the parallelogram is reflected over the line y = x, what will the coordinates of the image be? Write sentences describing your steps.
- Triangle ABC has coordinates A (3,3), B (0,0), and C (3,0). if the triangle is rotated 180 degrees about point B, what will be the coordinates of the images of A and C (A’ and C’)? Write sentences describing your steps.
- (Extra Credit: 2 Points) Draw a quadrilateral on a coordinate grid. Describe a reflection, translation, rotation, and glide reflection. Then draw the image of the quadrilateral for each transformation.
- You may do this on paper, then scan or take a picture of it, then include the picture as an attachment.
- You may find a picture of a coordinate grid (Google Images), use a drawing app to draw your figures on it, then save and upload the picture as an attachment.
Come up with your own idea to attach your work as a picture.
UNIT 4 DISCUSSION QUESTIONS PART 1
- A triangle has an area of 18ft squared. List all the possible positive integers that could represent its base and height. Use sentences to describe your process.
- Using graph paper,draw a figure with area 42 units squared made up of a parallelogram and a triangle. Scan or take a picture of your drawing and attach it in your discussion post.
- A parallelogram has a height of 6 units and a corresponding base of 7 units. What is the area of each triangle formed when one diagonal of the parallelograms is drawn? What is the area of each small triangle formed when two diagonals are drawn?
- Draw a rhombus. Measure the lengths of its diagonals. Find its area. Scan or take a picture of your drawing with diagonals labeled and attach your drawing to your discussion post.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS PART 2
- A trapezoid has two right angles and bases that measure 16m and 8m. The right triangle formed by an altitude has a hypotenuse of 4 square root 5m. Sketch the trapezoid. What are its perimeter and area?
- Find the lenth of one side of each of the regular polygons named below if its area is 64ft squared. Round your answer to the nearest tenth. A) Triangle B) Hexagon
- Which has the greater area, a regular octagon or a regular nonagon, if both have the same length sides? Explain how you know.
- The wheel of one car has a diameter of 20in. The wheel of another car has a diameter of 24in. About how many more revolutions must the smaller wheel make than the larger wheel to travel 100 ft? Show your steps.